Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship
2022 Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship
The National Pork Producers Council is pleased to announce the 2022 Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship, which is sponsored by CME Group and the National Pork Industry Foundation and is managed and administered by the National Pork Producers Council.
The scholarship program was introduced in 1990 by CME Group and NPPC and was renamed in 2006 to honor the passing of NPPC Board of Director Lois Britt. Britt, a lifetime supporter of agriculture, spent 34 years with the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, finishing out her career for 15 years with Murphy-Brown LLC (now Smithfield) doing Public and Government Relations. She was inducted into the NPPC Pork Industry Hall of Fame, the N.C. Pork Council Hall of Fame, and awarded the N.C. 4-H Lifetime Achievement Award as some of her many achievements.
Ten $2,500 scholarships are awarded to students annually who intend to pursue a career in the pork industry
with hopes that they may emerge as future pork industry leaders themselves.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a current undergraduate student in a two-year swine program or four-year college of agriculture and
- U.S. citizen. High school students are not eligible.
- Write a brief letter indicating what role the applicant sees themselves playing in the pork industry after graduation.
- Submit an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue the applicant sees confronting the pork industry today or in the future, including offering their solutions.
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals.
- Prepare a cover sheet with the following information:
- Name of Applicant
- Name of School
- Year in School
- Contact Information (home & school mailing address, telephone number & e-mail address)
Please submit the items listed to email@example.com. All entries must be submitted
by JANUARY 3, 2022 to be accepted.