2023 Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship
We are pleased to announce the 2022 Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship, sponsored by CME Group and the National Pork Industry Foundation and managed and administered by the National Pork Producers Council.
Ten $2,500 scholarships are awarded annually to students who intend to pursue a career in the pork industry and who exhibit characteristics representative of future pork industry leaders
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a current undergraduate student in a two-year swine program or four-year college of agriculture and
- U.S. citizen. High school students are not eligible.
- Write a brief letter indicating what role the applicant sees themselves playing in the pork industry after graduation.
- Submit an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue the applicant sees confronting the pork industry today or in the future, including offering their solutions.
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals.
- Prepare a cover sheet with the following information:
- Name of Applicant
- Name of School
- Year in School
- Contact Information (home & school mailing address, telephone number & e-mail address)
Please submit the above to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must be submitted by JANUARY 3, 2023 to be accepted.
In Honor of Lois Britt
The scholarship, initiated in 1990, was renamed in honor of NPPC Board of Director Lois Britt, upon her passing in 2006. A lifetime supporter of agriculture, Lois spent 34 years with the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, and 15 years working in Public and Government Relations with Murphy-Brown LLC (now Smithfield). Her many achievements include induction into the NPPC Pork Industry Hall of Fame and the N.C. Pork Council Hall of Fame, and receiving the N.C. 4-H Lifetime Achievement Award.